The people have spoken! We heard from many of you that evenings don’t work for everyone and people craved alternative times for the next round of the Barbell Club. Following a survey of ‘best times’ that worked for most, we have our time-slot winners — Wednesdays at 6:30am and Saturdays at 7am!
For those olympic lifting enthusiasts we will be running our barbell club again starting on May 9th. This is a six week course focused on teaching and improving your snatch and clean and jerk. If you are an athlete that loves or is mystified by these lifts this program might be right for you. We are limiting those program to only ten athletes so we can give everyone a lot of attention– so sign up now!
Details: Starting May 9th and lasting for 6 weeks
Times: Wednesday at 6:30am and Saturdays at 7am
Cost: $125 for Cove Members. For Non Members $175
Cap: The class will be limited to 10 athletes.
- Can I miss a few classes? Yes, there will be 12 classes over six weeks try to make at least 9 of them.
- What if I am a beginner? No problem, this class is for beginner and advanced lifters. The focus is on getting better and not actually going to the Olympics!
- Can I still CrossFit? Of course, but be aware that you are adding to your work load so you might have to take a step back on the number of classes you take or the weight you are using. We promise that this type of focused attention will help you improve your CrossFit in the long run.
- What else can I expect? Talk to us and we’ll answer any questions you might have. Or we’re happy to put you in touch with an athlete who did the last cycle to get a personal reference!
- How do I join? Just use the following link to lock up your spot for this cycle of the Barbell Club.
Back Squat 8/8/8/8 (65%-70%)
Same weight across
30 Wall Balls
15 Power Cleans
30 second rest
Coach’s Tip: Today we continue with our back squat cycle. It is imperative that you are going to depth with good form — we would rather you carry a light load and have perfect technique. Since this is the beginning of the cycle, let’s start the good habits early on!
FRESH START STRENGTH WOD
Take 12 Minutes to find a heavy 3-Rep Deadlift
FRESH START WOD
15 min EMOM
10 Cal Row
10 Single Arm DB Snatch (5 each arm)
10 Sit Ups
RX+ = 12 per movement
Coach’s Tip: The first round or two you should have a good amount of rest on each station. Pick a scale that allows you to get the work done in 45 seconds (at the most) so you have transition time to get to the next movement
This kid can squat! Channel Joe T. when you hit that rig today…