COMMUNITY ROCKS AT THE COVE!
In case you didn’t see the video we posted on FaceBook, here is a short film that sums up perfectly what we have going here at the Cove. It tells the story of this amazing community and how we go FAR beyond athlete to athlete relationships — rather, we are one big FAMILY.
A huge thank you for making this place what it is. We are forever grateful.
BOD POD: MONDAY 6/27
We are excited so many of you are taking advance of the BodPod opportunity on Monday next week. There’s more to it than ‘just showing up’ so if you are signed up, please take a moment to read the important information about what to expect and how you should prepare for the most accurate measurement possible:How long does an assessment take? You will be sitting inside the BOD POD cabin for about 3 minutes. However, during that time, the door will be opened and closed between two 50-second trials. Total time including reviewing the results is approximately 10 minutes. What should I expect? Simply sit comfortably and quietly (no laughing or talking), relax and breathe normally and the BOD POD does the rest. Sounds relating to the valves opening and closing may be heard, but most people are unaware of the slight pressure changes that take place. You may notice a feeling similar to being in an elevator or the initial take-off in an airplane. How accurate is it? The BOD POD which uses air displacement technology is considered to be the gold standard of body composition measurement. It is as accurate as hydrostatic (underwater) weighing, but quicker and easier to perform. The range of error for this test is ± 1 to 2.7%. In order to have the best possible results, follow these simple instructions:
- No food, drink or exercise at least 3 hours prior to testing.
- Use the restroom before testing, if necessary.
- Don’t apply any lotions or skin creams prior to your test.
- Remove glasses and jewelry (if possible).
- Wear minimal, form-fitting clothing.
- Men: Thin fabric shorts, lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or single-layer compression bike-style shorts (no padding
- Women: Lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or bike-style shorts and sports bra (no wire or padding)
- Because of the sensitivity of the equipment, schedule subsequent visits under the same conditions (time of day, hydration levels, amount of facial and body hair, same day of cycle (women), etc.).
- A swim cap will be provided to compress any air pockets within the hair.
Five Minutes Shoulder Mobility Work
21 Box Jumps
Rest 3 Minutes
28 Sit ups
Score = Total Time
22 MINUTE TIME CAP
We know Allie B. moves a barbell beautifully… and now I think we can say the same for the sled…