We are offering a FREE running clinic this coming weekend! It will run from 11:30a to 1p on SATURDAY, MAY 6th. Here are the details. We will have a limited number of spots so SIGN UP HERE!
- Teach proper running technique to be more efficient
- Help you get faster
- Improve endurance / engine
- Improve overall fitness and performance in CrossFit
- Discuss common faults with running technique and how to improve
- Focus on specific running drills that can be practiced during warm ups
- Learn mobility exercises specific to pre-running WOD
- Complete an engine WOD
- Mobility for post-run WOD
We will be offering this to other CrossFitters in the area, but want our Covies to have first dibs. So if you have a friend at another box, let them know. But reserve your spot first!
10 Minutes of Running Drills/Mobility
400 M Run
40 Air Squats
20 KB Swings
25 min Cap
Coach’s Tip: The forecast says its a perfect day to run, so let’s do that! We’ll be spending the first part of class working on some running drills/warm up that should translate directly to the Metcon. Keeping a nice steady pace on this WOD will be important, so don’t go all out on any one movment, but JUST KEEP MOVING! If you think the first round will take you more than five or six minutes, let’s consider scaling back the distance on the run to a 300 and/or lowering the rep count on the squats/swings!