OUR SAFE PLACE
Most of us think of the Cove as a home away from home, and we want you to continue to think of it as such. But with the news of Covis-19 spreading here in Maryland, everything just feels like it is hitting… well… closer to home. We plan to stay open as long as we are allowed, but we need your help in creating the safest and most respectful environment for each and every one of our athletes. Your health and well being is always our number one concern (that’s why we exist!), but given the news we are implementing even more stringent standards of cleanliness to ensure you are in the best possible space we can provide. As Brian said to me today, “you’ve been training your whole life to handle a moment like this”.
Here are a few highlights of what are doing (and what we ask of you):
- We are sanitizing the mats in the gym DAILY (often twice a day) to ensure when you flop on the ground after a workout, you’re protected
- We are disinfecting all door handles, light switches and public use items (keyboard, mouse, water fountain, kids’ room, etc.) multiple times a day. Coaches will be wiping the Wodify station down before each class as it is our most-visited spot in the gym.
- We have placed down new floor mats to capture outside debris (special thanks to Madison’s dad, Scott, for providing us with the best available!)
- Common area floors will be mopped multiple times per day with our new sanitized mops (again, thanks to Scott!)
- We will continue to have mat mops filled with disinfectant spray available to clean up your DNA after each workout. PLEASE USE THEM!
- We are sanitizing the green chairs/sitting area daily so you can enjoy your after WOD socializing
- Coaches will ask each of you after every class to wipe down your bars, equipment and personal space with the gym wipes we have here. If you use an assault bike, PLEASE follow up the wet wipe with a dry cloth towel wipe. Rust and assault bikes are NOT a good combo! They MUST be dried after they are made wet.
- Please do not rush in the bathrooms or kitchen. Spills, messes and (god forbid) misses in the bathrooms are an ugly and unsanity situation. Coaches will give extra time between transitions for bathroom breaks that allow for 20 seconds of hand wash time and accuracy in the bowl. NO RUSHING IN THE POTTY!!!
- If you use the kids’ room, please wash your children’s hands BEFORE and AFTER they leave the kids room.
We are obviously staying abreast of all state and CDC recommendations to ensure a safe workplace for all. Times are uncertain, but what we are certain of, is that we will be there for eachother. Be smart, safe and respectful of those around you. We will get through this together! #noplacelikecove
(You go, I go full rounds style)
5 rounds (each)-
15/12 Cal Row
12 Hang Power Clean
5 rounds (each)
15/11 Cal Bike
10 Power Clean
Time Cap: 30 min
Coach Madison’s Tips: Time to work on sprinting and cycling. Barbell work should be done unbroken or in two sets, so use hook grip and keep the barbell as close to the body as possible. Push on the machines, but not so hard that it would cause you to break up the barbell work. Don’t forget to cheer on your partner.
While we take this all so seriously, it wouldn’t be the Cove without a dose of levity…