This day is all about remembrance and community. We encourage everyone to come be part of this special day to honor Lt. Michael Murphy and all those who have lost their lives in service. Whether you are able to complete the whole workout or a portion, we can find scales that work best for you.
We will have a community pot-luck afterward, so bring a drink or dish to share (or both!).
Here’s what you need to know:
– 9 am start with opening remarks, standards review and National Anthem. Even if you are in a later heat, come for the start and cheer on your fellow Covies!
– Make sure you sign up for heats like you would for regular class (three heats will be up in Wodify). If you are doing it as a team, only reserve ONE spot please! Each slot is basically a ‘rig spot’. Two people on the team take up one rig space (if that makes sense!)
– Outdoor versions are available (outdoor pull-up subs include ring rows or barbell rows)
– Sorry, no barbells on the rig. Jumping pullups, barbell rows (off the rig) and ring rows are all great options.
– Make sure you are hydrating properly ALL WEEK. Drinking water Monday is great, but starting now is even better!
– All athletes will have to make their own time for a self-paced warm-up before we hit the workout. We will be coming around to all athletes to make sure everyone has an appropriate (and scaled for many) attack plan.
If you’ve been regularly coming to class, you are more than prepared to complete “Murph” in one way or another. If you are still new to CrossFit and the Cove, don’t worry we can make it work for you. Like we said before, there is a scale for everyone!