IMPORTANT GYM UPDATES
- For those that want to be here, we will be running a regular class schedule for now. We will be limiting our white board intros, so please read the workout and coach’s tip in advance.
- Please give each other space on the floor. Each mat is 4’x6’ so if each athlete occupies six mats (12’ x 12’ space) we will all be protected in our ‘social distancing’ bubble. And since we will be spread out, PLEASE respect the coach as they will be yelling across the entire floor space!
- For those that want even more distance and space when working out, we are extending open gym hours to run from 9:30a until 8:30pm. As always, feel free to do your own thing during regular classes, but also feel free to come in when the gym is quieter and normally ‘closed’. Same rules apply: clean up every piece of equipment you use and sanitize your personal space.
- We will be programming ‘at home’ workouts to run in parallel with our regular Cove programming for our members who want to stay at home. You will be able to follow along with the rest of your fellow Covies as we’ll be adding the WODs to Wodify so you can put in your scores!!! Classes (or parts of them) will also be run outside whenever possible!
- If you are sick, look sick, sound sick or are acting sick, please don’t come in. And don’t be offended if we ask you to go.
- We WILL be running kid’s classes this Sunday! We will be running ONE class at 9am for mixed ages and capping attendance at 10. We heard loud and clear from the parents that continuing to have this as an outlet for the kiddos is something so valuable in times like these.
- The kids’ room will operate as usual but we will be VERY strict with runny noses and colds. Please don’t bring your child in if there is a hint of illness! Please wash all hands before coming in and keep the shoes outside of the kids’ room.
- Clash of the Cove is currently ON. This will be assessed on a day-by-day basis (like everything else!)
- Oh, and don’t be offended if we don’t walk around with fist bumps after class. Let’s lay off this for now and just wink at each other from afar
Open gym from 9am to noon with a single kids class from 9 AM to 9:45. Let’s have a great day tomorrow.
“Don’t mess up”
Every 90 seconds for 6 rounds
Build to a heavy complex
1 Power Snatch
1 Hang Power Snatch
1 Overhead Squat
Coaches Marina’s Tip: I did this workout last week to test it out and it could be a new favorite! The volume of each movement is perfection! Managing your heart rate and keeping your shoulders ‘fresh’ is key to getting through the doubles in a relaxed fashion. I rushed through the first set (6 unbroken and quick burpees) and “messed up” on the rope on the first round! I went immediately back to the bar and did four snatches. Rested a hot second. Did two more. I did methodical burpees with very little shoulder work (flopped to the ground each time) and inched my way to the rope with each burpee. I took a nice deep breath with the rope in hand and felt great — and went unbroken the rest of the rounds on the rope. And that was my rep scheme the rest of the workout. Get right off the rope to the bar. Break up the barbell to manage heart rate, easy burpees and then jump! I’d STRONGLY recommend doing a single or two just to get a rhythm before going to doubles as you’ll be more tense than usual because you DON’T WANT TO MESS UP! And if you do, you’ll still have a great workout 😉
Your shoulders will be super warm after this workout and the strength work will be FUN. You might even surprise yourself by putting up numbers close to or beating PRs! Get ready for a great day!