Congratulations to everyone who did 22.1 this week as part of the Open (or in regular class). Nearly half of our membership signed up this year and we are so excited to see all the many amazing performances. For those of you who didn’t sign up (and did the workout) we hope you got a glimpse of what the CrossFit Open is about and why we love it so much.
Yes, technically it’s a ‘competition’. But it’s so much more than that. It’s a chance to be a part of global community doing the same workout with the same shared suffering (and joy!). It’s a chance to push a bit harder than normal because you have skin in the game (even if it’s only a $20 entrance fee!). It’s a chance to dial in your movement with higher standards and greater accountability with a judge tracking your reps. It’s also a season of so many “wins”. And we love to celebrate ALL of them! While they are almost endless, here are a few Covie wins and firsts:
– Participation in their first Open ever.
– RX’ing their first workout ever.
– RX’ing their first OPEN workout!
– Judging for the first time.
– Being judged for the first time.
– Picking up a dumbbell heavier than they’ve ever picked up (and snatching it countless times)
– Some had never been upside down before Friday.
– And almost all improved their handstand walks dramatically from last year’s Open!
– New connections and friendships were made.
– And we crushed the after-party.
If you did the workout on Friday and did not register for the Open, you still can! Just go to games.crossfit.com and sign up by Monday at 8p. If you did register and have not yet input your scores, you must do that by Monday @ 8p as well so we can verify it. Again, it’s all on the Games app and site! DO NOT FORGET!
We can’t wait to see what 22.2 has in store for us. Stay tuned for details about the workout (and fun planned after!). #noplacelikecove
That post workout glow!