Take 18 Minutes to find a one rep max push jerk
50 Sit-ups, 50 Box Jumps
50 Sit-ups, 40 DB Push Jerks
50 Sit-ups, 300′ Farmers Carry
50 Sit-ups, 20 DB Box Step-ups
RX+: 30 GHDs; 50s/35s
Just a heads up, the Cove will be hosting the CrossFit Level I seminar on September 2nd and 3rd. We will not have classes on this date, although the gym is available for use after 6 PM via the Cove Kastle app.
This is a huge honor for the Cove and has been an invaluable resource to the gym and our coaching staff.
This Wednesday was Coach Jenna’s final class coaching at the Cove as she heads goes off to college (don’t worry, we will be seeing her again) and we wanted to wish her the best as she moves on to her next adventure.
Jenna embodies what the Cove is all about. Community. Growth. Making the seemingly impossible possible. These are the pillars that inspired us to create this place almost 9 years ago. We saw CrossFit as our playground where, even as adults, could train, play, share, laugh, and connect with one another and through that become a greater version of ourselves. And she is the human representation that this mission is alive and well at the Cove.
She also took it to a new level after getting a Nautilus shell tattoo at the CrossFit Games! This symbol of the Cove is not just a random logo, rather it has a rich history of symbolism and meaning throughout the world.
The Nautilus shell is a symbol of nature’s grace in growth, expansion, and renewal. It is also a symbol of order amidst chaos as reflected in its spiral precision. As the nautilus grows, it does so in direct proportion to its needs and with geometric precision. The chambers of the nautilus shell are symbolic of the stages each individual passes through in life. The spiral itself is a symbol of creation, movement, fluidity, and evolution. Now we get to see her evolution and growth continue, outside these walls, and we are excited for what’s to come.
She has been part of this community for almost the entire history of the gym. We could write for pages on the countless hours that she spent here or how much she has grown athletically (I can remember teaching her how to snatch and now she hits snatches that exceed the professional women!) but let’s just say that she has done things that we never thought were possible. It makes us think that Jenna could do anything, from curing cancer to managing the next Taylor Swift tour. She is one of the most hard-working, focused, disciplined, and kind people that we have ever met, and the sky is the limit on her journey called “life”.
Her biggest gift she leaves with us is the inspiration for us to do the same. We might not be heading to the Games, but we too are on our own journeys of personal growth and evolution. We will honor you by working hard (and having fun) while trying to become the best versions of ourselves.
Thank you Jenna, you mean more to us than you will ever know.
We want to thank everyone for your responses to our most recent Cove survey. We learned a ton and over the coming weeks and months, you will see some positive changes as a result of your feedback.
Our primary focus for improvement at the Cove is to provide you the athlete with more technical support on the movements we see in our workouts. As we look at the goal board at the gym, we know that our memberships has big goals for themselves and we are going to give you even more support for you to hit those goals. Some things to look for in the coming weeks and months
- A more concerted effort to provide more technical coaching throughout the class experience.
- Producing more video resources to our members through the Cove YouTube channel. Look for videos on techniques, competition tips, mobility, injury prevention, and all sorts of topics.
- More blog articles on our programming and how you can get the most out of our classes.
- We are going to be providing monthly skill clinics (we had the running clinic this weekend and look for a double under clinic in the coming month).
- More structured skills and strength sessions throughout the week.
- We are providing more educational resources to the coaches (we have a gymnastics coaching clinic in the near future).
Other changes you can expect to see
- We are going to look to continue to do more challenges, starting on the first of every month.
- Look for 1 to 2 social events each quarter at the gym. This place is built on community and these are great opportunities to get together in non-gym clothing.
- With the changes in the Howard County School schedule, we are going to make a slight change to our schedule. The 3:15 class will now be at 3:30 and the 4:30 class will now move to 4:45. This change will happen starting on August 21st.
- We are going to have more blog articles on the Cove website, so please check in on the site whenever you get the chance.
- We got some great suggestions on different merchandise choices and we are looking to connect with new partners. We will have some new shirts in the very near future.
- Building on the success of Clash at the Cove, we are in the initial planning phases for another CrossFit competition that will be open to not just the Cove community but the entire CrossFit community.
Thanks again for all your feedback on the survey and we are so excited for the future of the CrossFit Cove.
During the CrossFit Games, we have a large number of Cove athletes and coaches attending the event to cheer on Coach Jenna. As we are low on staff, we are going to have a limited schedule between Tuesday and Friday of next week. We are still ironing out the details but we are looking to have 3 to 4 classes each day (again, we are working through all of this now). You are also welcome to use your Kastle keycard access (email us at email@example.com if you don’t have an account) to use the gym anytime if the class times we have set don’t work for you. We also love when Covies organize “pop up classes” on weekends and holidays, so feel free to post on the Cove Club if you want to find a group to work out with too!
We apologize for this inconvenience and hope you can understand that this is a huge moment for the Cove community.
TUESDAY 5:45 AM, 9:30, 5:45 AND 7 PM
WEDNESDAY 5:45 AM,NOON, 5:45 AND 7 PM
THURSDAY 7 AM, 9:30, 5:45 AND 7 PM
FRIDAY 7 AM, 9:30, 5:45, AND 7 PM
SATURDAY – NORMAL HOURS 9 AM, 10:15, AND 11:30