1 Minute AbMat Sit-ups
1 Minute Farmers Carry (10 Meters)
1 Minute Box Jumps
1 Minute Shuttle Runs (10 Meters)
1 Minute Step Back Lunges
1 Minute Rest
*Score = Total Reps
This day is all about remembrance and community. We encourage everyone to come be part of this special day to honor Lt. Michael Murphy and all those who have lost their lives in service. Whether you are able to complete the whole workout or a portion, we can find scales that work best for you.
We will have a community pot-luck afterward, so bring a drink or dish to share (or both!).
Here’s what you need to know:
– 9 am start with opening remarks, standards review and National Anthem. Even if you are in a later heat, come for the start and cheer on your fellow Covies!
– Make sure you sign up for heats like you would for regular class (three heats will be up in Wodify). If you are doing it as a team, only reserve ONE spot please! Each slot is basically a ‘rig spot’. Two people on the team take up one rig space (if that makes sense!)
– Outdoor versions are available (outdoor pull-up subs include ring rows or barbell rows)
– Sorry, no barbells on the rig. Jumping pullups, barbell rows (off the rig) and ring rows are all great options.
– Make sure you are hydrating properly ALL WEEK. Drinking water Monday is great, but starting now is even better!
– All athletes will have to make their own time for a self-paced warm-up before we hit the workout. We will be coming around to all athletes to make sure everyone has an appropriate (and scaled for many) attack plan.
If you’ve been regularly coming to class, you are more than prepared to complete “Murph” in one way or another. If you are still new to CrossFit and the Cove, don’t worry we can make it work for you. Like we said before, there is a scale for everyone!
We are big believers in the power of data and a fantastic tool we have available to our members is the InBody Scanner. The InBody scanner can be found in the front of the gym lobby and it provides body composition data via bioelectric impedance.
In the past we charged $20 a scan but we have decided to allow all our paying members to use the device on a quarterly basis (we don’t want to scan too often) to check your body composition. This is a valuable health marker and we encourage you to use it a couple of times a year to see where you stand.
We have a short video for you on how to use the scanner and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at Brian@CrossFitCove or Chris @CrossFitCove.com
This past week we had four Cove athletes compete in a partner competition at CrossFit Frederick in “The Duel”. Team “Barbells and Paddles”, composed of Coach Carlos and Jessica M., competed in the RX division and was able to take second place in this extremely competitive division which featured 5 grueling tests of fitness in one day. And team “Decently Fit”, which features Coach Dejah and Keith H. proved to be pretty darn fit as they won the intermediate division this weekend!
All four of these athletes didn’t prove fitness but showed grit, resilience, and teamwork that traits which are the cornerstones of what we do at the Cove. It gives us goosebumps to see so many Cove athletes pushing their limits and finding such tremendous success.
COVE TEAMS ATOP THE PODIUM